Save a Words document as a TIFF image suitable for direct faxing

Hi, I know that you can save a Words document as a TIFF file, but your documentation simply doesn’t provide full details of the options available for each image type. In this case, I need to save the image as a B/W Group 4 1-Strip 204×196 dpi TIFF for passing to a fax program. Can your component do this since it would be very useful for document automation?

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can use ImageSaveOptions class to specify additional options when rendering document pages or shapes to images. For example you can use the following code to render a Word document to a black and white Tiff image:

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "Rendering.doc");
ImageSaveOptions options = new ImageSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Tiff);
options.ImageColorMode = ImageColorMode.BlackAndWhite;
doc.Save(MyDir + "Rendering.SaveToImage Out.tiff", options);

I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Awais,

Thank you, but this is not a great help. I have already read your documentation and know how to specify options for specific output formats. As my original question asks, does the export to TIFF allow a B/W Group 4 1-strip 204x196dpi TIFF to be produced and if so what exact options are needed. I need YOU to ask your designers/programmes whether through a combination of options, it is possible to produce a TIFF file suitable for faxing. Please can you read the question more thoroughly before shooting off an answer to get rid of a ticket…

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the additional information. I am in communication with our development team and will update you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Hi Martin,

Thanks for being patient. Please set the following ImageSaveOptions to produce B/W Group 4 Tiff:

ImageSaveOptions options = new ImageSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Tiff);
options.TiffCompression = TiffCompression.Ccitt4;
options.ImageColorMode = ImageColorMode.BlackAndWhite;

However, we’re not sure how many strips will be contained in that output Tiff. It may be 1-strip Tiff but we’re not sure completely. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words doesn’t has any option(s) to change this property.

Secondly, unfortunately, you can’t set different resolutions for vertical and horizontal dimensions either. However, you can use ImageSaveOptions.Resolution property to set the resolution in dots per inch for both vertical and horizontal dimensions e.g. 196x196dpi.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,