We are happy to announce the first release of a free add-in that allows you to convert any document opened in Microsoft Word 2007 to EPUB.
To download goto https://downloads.aspose.com/words/
Below are excerpts from the user’s guide that is included in the installer.
Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word is a free utility that allows converting any document opened in Microsoft Word 2007 to the EPUB format. Microsoft Word 2007 can load documents in many formats including DOC, DOCX, RTF, HTML, ODT etc and you can now easily convert them all to EPUB using Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word.
About the EPUB format
EPUB is an XML-based distribution format for eBooks that is rapidly gaining adoption by publishers and distributors. EPUB is an open standard supported by the
International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF) organization. See also the Wikipedia article.
To Save as EPUB
After you install Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word, the EPUB format will be listed in the Save As dialog. Saving to EPUB is just as simple as saving to any other file format available in Microsoft Word.
Open any document in Microsoft Word.
From the Save As menu select “Aspose.Words – EPUB (*.epub)”, and then click Save.
You can save any document from Microsoft Word to EPUB using Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word.
An EPUB document created by Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word is displayed in Adobe Digital Editions.
How it Works
Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word is implemented using the following two technologies:
When installed, Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word registers itself as an Open XML Format External Converter and this makes Microsoft Word show EPUB as a new file format in the Save As dialog box.
When you select to save as EPUB, the following happens:
Microsoft Word saves the document in the OpenXML WordprocessingML format and sends it to Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word.
Aspose.Words for Microsoft Words is built on top of Aspose.Words for .NET, a class library for document conversion, generation, reporting and rendering. Aspose.Words for .NET loads the OpenXML document and converts it to the EPUB format.
To install and run Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word make sure you have the following software installed:
· .NET Framework 2.0 or newer
· Microsoft Office Word 2007 Service Pack 2
We provide free unlimited technical support in the Aspose.Words Support Forum. Please allow up to 24 hours for reply due to time zone differences.
About the Aspose.Words Family
Aspose.Words is a family of products, developed by Aspose Pty Ltd. The Aspose.Words family includes the following products:
· Aspose.Words for .NET – a .NET class library that enables your applications to perform a great range of document processing tasks. Aspose.Words supports DOC, OOXML, RTF, HTML, OpenDocument, EPUB, PDF, XPS and other formats. With Aspose.Words you can generate, modify, convert, render and print documents without utilizing Microsoft Word®.
· Aspose.Words for Java – a Java class library that allows to generate, modify and convert documents in DOC, OOXML, RTF, HTML and OpenDocument formats.
· Aspose.Words for Reporting Services – allows exporting reports from Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005 or 2008 Reporting Services to DOC, DOCX, RTF, WordML, MHTML, ODT and XPS formats.
· Aspose.Words for JasperReports – makes possible exporting reports from JasperReports and JasperServer to DOC, DOCX, RTF, ODT and MHTML formats as high fidelity flow layout documents.
· Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word – this FREE tool adds the Save As EPUB functionality to Microsoft Word and also allows you to evaluate document conversion capabilities of Aspose.Words for .NET.
Aspose is a leading vendor of .NET and Java development components, and rendering extensions for platforms such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and JasperReports. The core focus of Aspose has been to offer the most complete and powerful set of file management products available. Aspose products support some of the most popular file formats in business, including: Word Documents, Excel Spreadsheets, PowerPoint Presentations, PDF Documents, Flash Presentations and Project Files.