Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Save as PDf and Print Issue

Hallo,

I'm evaluating Aspose.Total. I tryed to open a word document with the following structure, using the demo application in VB.net:

1. Fist Page: title+ section interruption
  2. Second Page: Summary of the document based on the document content
  3. The rest: content organizend in paragraphs

as soon as I try to eather save the doc as pdf or print it in pdf format in the output document the content of the second page (summary) jumps to the first page as if it didn't recognize the interruption.

This happens with all documents with this structure indipendently.

Is that an issue with pdfs?

thanks in advance

Sly

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your input and output documents here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Thanks for your fast reply, I attached a file an my first post.

Hello,

Thank you for additional information.
I managed to reproduce your problem on my side.
Once the problem is solved, we will notify you immediately.

Hi

Thanks for your request. The problem occurs because section break is inside StructuredDocumentTag. At the moment Aspose.Words treats such break as invalid (because unexpected location) and just ignores it. We will change the behavior in one of future versions.

For now, if it is acceptable for you, I can refactor your document and send it back to you.

Best regards,

Thank you. Yes please if you send me back the document it would help me find a temporary solution, since our client templates are all structured like the one I sent you.

Sly

Hi

Please see the attached document.

Best regards,

Alexey,

thank you for your quick reply. We checked out our client situation and unfortunaterly all their document are based on those templates since is unreasonable to chenge them all could you, please, give us a date when this issue could be fixed?

Thanks in advance

Sly

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot provide you an estimate. I asked our developers to take a look at this issue shortly. Once I get a feedback from them, I will provide you more information regarding this issue.

Best regards,

Hi

The fix of the issue you have reported earlier will be included into the October release of Aspose.Words.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4826) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.