Save causes a crash

Hi

That's great, thank you for chasing.

What is the planned release date? I know you guys run to a schedule.

Kind regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

I like to share that Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.7.0 has been released. Please try using the specified version on your to serve the purpose.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Utter rubbish - does no one test anything before releasing or telling a customer a fix is in place?

I suggest you try yourself with PowerPoint 2007.

PowerPoint crashes with the message shown in the attachment to this message.

This is using the sample code and powerpoint files supplied earlier in this message thread.

Please forward this to the manager in charge of this group, and they can tell me why my time has been wasted for months now. Twice I have been told a fix is available.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Please accept our apologies for inconvenience. I like to share that we did verify the generated presentation opening successfully in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (12.0.6654.5000) SP3 MSO (12.0.6683.5000). However, when the same presentation is tested in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (12.0.4518.1014) MSO (12.0.4518.1014), the generated presentation is corrupted. We have reopened the issue on our end to resolve the issue.

We will try to fix the issue and come up with some hotfix as soon as the issue will be resolved. I also request you to please share the exact PowerPoint 2007 version that you are using on your end to reproduce the issue.

Many Thanks,

Hi

I really hope you fix this soon - I am being to get lots of pressure over this:

FYI I also have PowerPoint 2007 (12.0.6654.5000) SP3 MSO (12.0.6683.5000) installed and it still crashes on Save in this release.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

We have reopened the issue and investigating that again. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir

Any progress to report on this?

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

I have shared the unofficial version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.7.1 with you via private message yesterday so that you may verify that on your end with your version of PowerPoint. If it proves to be working then we will share the hotfix officially otherwise, we will try investigating that further on our end.

You can please try downloading the unofficial version from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9557789/Aspose.Slides.zip
and share your feedback with us.

Many Thanks,

Howdy,

That worked! File generated and then opened in PPT 2007, SaveAs and no crash!

This is PowerPoint 2007 (12.0.6654.5000) SP3 MSO (12.0.6683.5000).

Kind regards

Andy