Save data to exchange

@kashif.iqbal

Why all messages having draft written on when i export msg files on exchange server using client.AppendMessage.

I am writing this code to append message on exchange server
client.AppendMessage(“Inbox”, MapiMessage.FromFile(file.FullName), true);
sample.png (31.3 KB)

Is there anything i am missing here.

@kashif.iqbal

This is the code i am writing. But still facing the same problem.

@StellarDeveloper,

Could you please share with us which version of Aspose.Email API you are using at your end? Please share a sample message file with us as we are getting exception while appending MapiMessage using the latest version of the API. If possible, please share sample message files with us for our reference.

@kashif.iqbal

I am using 18.3 and all the .msg files are saving in draft format.

@StellarDeveloper,

We are getting exceptions with both Aspose.Email for .NET 18.3 and 18.4 versions of the API which has been logged as EMAILNET-38995 for further investigation. We would request you to please share some sample message that we can use to append and investigate the issue at our end.

@kashif.iqbal

Hi kashif, after analyzing Aspose Email .NET Version for last 1 month
For each issue i reported you are creating tickets but resolution date is not mentioned

It seems you people will take a lot of time to fix these issues,
and we don’t know when new builds will be available to retest it

This seems to be a long time taking process

Conclusion:
After analysis we don’t find this API suitable and having a lot of bugs.
so we are not making a buying decision, as if now.

Find below the finding, that may help you to improve your product.

To summarize these are the issues that we have faced till now

1. The Import PST

• It is too slow, even tested on the Exchange Server itself some 7GB data took 4 days.
    • Too many crashes on simple pst files [ this module is not stable ] a lot of crashes can be seen
    • you can’t stop the import process
  2. Import MSG

• Too many exceptions
  3. Navigation issue [walking the folder tree]

4. Unicode data issue, junk data, garbled chars get imported with body

5. There is no filter available with attachments to search data of attachment body or attachment names

still bug list is very long,but we are running out of time to test this API further more…

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-38969) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by kashif.iqbal

@StellarDeveloper,

The API is tested for issues thoroughly and we never compromise on API quality. However, issues do occur from time to time based on different scenarios and we fix them on monthly basis. Once an issue is identified, it is also added to our tests so that the same don’t occur again, resulting in regression.

With respect the issues you have mentioned, some of them have been fixed in the latest release of Aspose.Email for .NET 18.5. Those still open will be fixed in the next month’s release as per the complexity involved.

Regarding filter availability with attachments to search data of attachment body or attachment names, it is not supported by the EWS protocol and that is why we can’t implement it. With respect to other issues you have reported, please share the ticket ids with us and we’ll share the fix version information with you.

@kashif.iqbal

EMAILNET-38962 and EMAILNET-38969 are resolved but EMAILNET-38991 and EMAILNET-38995 are not resolved in the latest version that you have released. Kindly tell me how much time is needed to resolve these two unresolved problems.

And i have another problem, you told me two methods to import .msg files on exchnage server. I told you about the problem i am facing on AppendMessage function so i tried another

MapiMessage mapiMsg = MapiMessage.FromFile(file.FullName);
string msgClass = mapiMsg.MessageClass;
if (msgClass.CompareTo(“IPM.Note”) == 0)
{
var emlFile = mapiMsg.ToMailMessage(new MailConversionOptions() { ConvertAsTnef = true });
client.AppendMessage(“Inbox”, emlFile);
}
This code give me exception on .msg files but it did not give exception when i tried with this code

MapiMessage mapiMsg = MapiMessage.FromFile(file.FullName);
string msgClass = mapiMsg.MessageClass;
if (msgClass.CompareTo(“IPM.Note”) == 0)

Can you tell me what i am doing wrong here? Sample.zip (26.6 KB)

@StellarDeveloper,

The issues with id EMAILNET-38969 and EMIAILNET-38995 are under investigation and will be fixed in the next release of API i.e. Aspose.Email for .NET 18.6. This new problem you have shared has also been logged as EMAILNET-38997 for further investigation. Hopefully this will also be resolved along with the other two as all these are related. We’ll update you here once the fix version is available for download.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-38991,EMAILNET-38995,EMAILNET-38997) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by kashif.iqbal