Save document thumbnail as image

Hello...we have 100,000+ MS Word, Excel, PPT, & PDF files in our system. Most have NOT been created by aspose, but we'd like to iterate through each, create thumbnail images of each for display along with the description of each for our web users...

I've looked and looked for hour+...and I can't see that aspose does this, but I've never been disappointed in what aspose can do and can't imagine that no one's ever asked for that...office automation has it but can't find it here...

Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks! P.

Hi,

I am a representative of Aspose.Cells team and would like to help regarding generating thumbnails for the worksheets in Excel files (XLS, XLSX, XLSM etc.). I think you may use our Sheet-to-Image feature (via SheetRender APIs) to first generate the images per each worksheet in the Excel document, now use .NET’s Graphics class to draw your desired thumbnail images (with your desired dimensions) from the output images provided by SheetRander API for the sheets. See the topic for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Generate+Thumbnail+of+the+Worksheet

Moreover, I think you will also need to use our other products e.g Aspose.Words, Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Pdf etc. for your other documents e.g MS Word, Powerpoint, PDF etc. for your task. All these products do support to generate images for their specified file formats i.e. (DOC/DOCX, PPT/PPTX, PDF etc. Anyways, my fellow colleagues will help you better here regarding their products to give you more details for your complete reference.

Thank you.

Hi,

I am representing Aspose.Slides. I like to share that Aspose.Slides for .NET allows you to create slide thumbnails. Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. This component provides the feature to Create/Manipulate PDF documents, as well as it supports the feature to transform pages of PDF file to Image format. Please visit the following link for more information on Convert all PDF pages to JPEG Images

In case of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am a representative from Aspose.Word team. Please use the following code snippet for your requirements. I suggest you to read following documentation link for your kind reference.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/ImageSaveOptions+Class

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "Rendering.doc");

ImageSaveOptions options = new ImageSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Tiff);

options.PageIndex = 0;

options.PageCount = 1;

doc.Save(MyDir + "AsposeOut.tiff", options);

//Convert all pages to Tiff images

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "in.docx");

ImageSaveOptions options = new ImageSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Tiff);

options.PageCount = 1;

for (int pageIndex = 0; pageIndex < doc.PageCount; pageIndex++)

{

string outputFileName = MyDir + string.Format("{0}_{1}.tiff", "Out", pageIndex + 1);

options.PageIndex = pageIndex;

doc.Save(outputFileName, options);

}

Please let us know if you have any more queries.