Save new .msg file with editable To- CC- BCC- Subject and Body fields

I’m currently demoing Aspose.Email and we need to generate a .msg file with a prepopulated body depending on selected items in my web application. This .msg file is then sent to the user through a web browser where they will open it in outlook and put on the finished touches such as adding recipients and modifying the body.

The problem is that when they open the email, the To, CC, BCC, Subject and Body fields aren’t editable. It’s as if a sent email is being opened, not an unsent one. Is there a way to change this so they’re editable?

Before I started testing with Aspose.Email yesterday, I was using the COM Interop assemblies to use outlook to generate the email and these fields were editable by default when the .msg was opened…so I know it’s not an issue with outlook or anything like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I think you need to save you .msg file as Draft. Please below the source code for your reference.

[C#]

//Create an instance of MailMessage

MailMessage message = new MailMessage();

//Set the sender information for the message

message.From = new MailAddress("from@domain.com",“Sender name”);

//Set the subject of the message

message.Subject = “This message is created using the Aspose.Email”;

//Set the HtmlBody of the message

message.HtmlBody = “This is the body of the message”;

//Create an instance of MapiMessage and load the MailMessage into this instance

MapiMessage outlook = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(message);

//Set the MapiFlag for the MapiMessage to UNSENT

outlook.SetMessageFlags(MapiMessageFlags.MSGFLAG_UNSENT|MapiMessageFlags.MSGFLAG_FROMME);

//Save the message to disk

outlook.Save(“message.msg”);

That worked! Thank you!