Save PDF to Stream Hangs forever

Hi,

I just encountered a troubling scenario where a problematic PDF (Adobe Reader indicates: There was a problem reading this document (110)), was loaded correctly by ASPOSE.PDF, however when trying to save the document to a stream (_pdfDocument.Save(stream)) the process hangs forever.

This is problematic scenario since it hangs our entire document system.

Please advise,
Udi Levin

Hi Udi,

Thanks for using our products.

I have tried opening the PDF document in Adobe Reader 9.1.0 and I am able to see the same error message. The problem occurs because a corrupted PDF document is loaded and you are trying to save it. As far as I can see, you have created the PDF document using MS Office Word 2007. Can you please share some details on how you are generating the PDF document.

This PDF was not created by me, but was submitted to us via our web site. Upon receiving the file, I try to open it and if successful save it to our DB. This file was opened successfully by ASPOSE.PDF without any warnings or errors and hang when trying to save it into a memory stream.

Udi

Hi Udi,

I have tested the scenario and have observed that application is hanging when trying to save the corrupted PDF file. Please request the customer to share the correct PDF document and try using Aspose.Pdf for .NET to process the file. In case you still face any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for this inconvenience.

FYI, We have a product named Aspose.Words which provides the feature to create Word file and also provides the capabilities to transform Word file into PDF format. For more information, please visit How-to: Convert a Document to PDF.

Hi Nayyer,

Unfortunately, I can’t ask the customer to share the correct PDF. We are an online employment solution for people who are seeking jobs and for employers who are seeking people. When a job seeker uploads a CV, we try to load it to make sure it’s valid and then store it in our DB for further analysis.
I expect that if a document is invalid, either an exception will be thrown (happens many times with ASPOSE.PDF in case on invalid documents) or I will be able to query the document and see if there are any problems with it.
In case I manage to load the document without any errors, I immediately try to save it to our DB. In any case, I don’t think that I should be able to get to a state where your component hangs forever and I have no ability to prevent it.

Udi

Hi Udi,

Thanks for sharing the details.

We have logged a feature to correct invalid and corrupted PDF files and convert it into valid PDF document. For the sake of correction, this task is logged as PDFNEWNET-11337 in our issue tracking system and as soon as the feature becomes available, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We apologize for this inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-11337) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(7)