Save PPT to PDF- font with bold is converted too bold

We are using the latest versions of Aspose Slides and Aspose PDF dlls, per this thread -

Issue with PPT to PDF conversion- text becomes Too Bold

, to fix the issue of text becoming too bold.

However, we are still seeing this issue. I can confirm that the fonts required as installed on the server where the conversion occurs.

Hi Chintan,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share source presentation, generated result with us so that we can further investigate and resolve the issue. Also please share on which Aspose.Slides version you are facing issue.

Best Regards,

We are using Aspose.Slides 17.3 for .net 3.5

I have attached the ppt that is generated using aspose and the pdf that is saved from the presentation.

Hi,

I have observed the presentation and PDF shared by you. I am unable to observe the specified issue in my comparison. Can you please point out the issue in the form of a snapshot in generated PDF with highlighted area so that I may be able to investigate the issue further on my end. Also, at present the latest available version is Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.2.0 and not Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.3.0.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Your right, I had given the Aspose.PDF version, we are using Aspose.Slides 17.2

Please find attached screenshots where the fonts are getting altered when exporting to pdf. It is most obvious in the header and sub-head fonts as you can see in the attached files

I have also copied the relevant code snippet -

using (Presentation presentationPDF = new Presentation(exportPptPath))
{
Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfOptions PdfOptions = new Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfOptions();
PdfOptions.JpegQuality = 100;
PdfOptions.SufficientResolution = 96 * 5;
presentationPDF.Save(exportPdfPath, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf, PdfOptions);
}

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the feedback.

I have observed the snapshots shared by you and tried comparing PDF and presentation by opening them side by side to observe the differences. Unfortunately, I am unable to observe any noticeable change during comparison. For your kind reference, I have attached this snapshot as well. Can you please share further that you are also observing the similar view on your side of complete slide in side by side comparison. Please also make sure about the display settings on your end that they must be 100%. Please also share the Operating System details as well with us.

Many Thanks,

In the snapshot you sent, I see the page header and section headers are heavier in the pdf compared to the ppt. It is very important that they match exactly. The thing is when I try exporting the same using ppt macros the pdf version has fonts that are identical to the ppt. When the same is done in a C# file using aspose the font is heavier in pdf.

Additionally, I checked with our designer and she feels that all the fonts, not just the headers are not getting exported correctly into pdf. I can confirm that all the required fonts are installed on the server as TTFs

Hi Chintan,

Thank you for sharing the additional information. I like to inform that on the basis of information shared by you, I have been able to observe the issues as mentioned in this image link. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-38508 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Any idea when there will be a resolution? This is holding up a time sensitive application launch. Can this issue be prioritized? It will greatly help with our launch.

Hi Chintan,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that our product team is analyzing issue in detail, so we need some time for investigation. We will be able to share further updates with you as soon as the investigation will be completed by our product team. I also like to inform that you can get paid priority support. For priority support please contact our sale team over this link.

Best Regards,

Can you confirm buying paid support will ensure that the product development team will be able to prioritize fixing of this issue and we will get a faster resolution?

Hi Chintan,

When you avail the paid support, it ensures that your issue will be investigated on priority basis and if issue is not of serious nature, it will be fixed earlier. However, if issue is blocked owing to some limitation in API, it may take sometime. However, this is assured that issue is treated with more priority than that of normal free support issues.

Many Thanks,