Save to pdf results in missing images and upsidedown text

Hi,

I’m trying to save a powerpoint (created from a template) as pdf, but all of the images are missing and text in a diagram is shown upside down. If I save it as powerpoint it looks fine.
I created a small test which has the same problems, see the attached files for the base file and the resulting pdf.

This is the code to generate the pdf:

string fileName = HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/App_Data/Powerpoint/test.pptx");
_presentation = new Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx(fileName);
_presentation.Save(“test.pdf”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf, HttpContext.Current.Response, false);

I am using Aspose.Slides 5.6 .NET 4.

Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I have worked with the presentation shared and have observed the issue specified in exported PDF. An issue with ID 31730 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. We will share the further information with you once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

Is there any update for a fix yet, or do you know a workaround?

Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.7.0 and hopefully the things will work for you. Please share, if the issue still persists for you.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

It looks like the image & upsidedown text issues are solved, however I noticed some other things this time (which I seem to have overlooked when I made the original post):

- The gradient background for the list items is gone
- There is no shadow effect around the figures

I also noticed that the pdf file seems excessively large for the amount of content (319 Kb). See attachment for the result generated from the original test.pptx.

If you prefer I can make a separate post for this.

Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I have observed the issue related to missing gradient and shadow effects for shape in exported PDF. I like to share the shadow effects are currently not supported in Aspose.Slides. I have created an issue with ID 32257 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. We will share the further information with you once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-32257) have been fixed in this update.