Save Versions of Aspose.Excel

Laurence -

I am using Windows Forms to export my excel designerfiles. Then I wrote a program that opens and prints the files and then closes the process. The only problem I’m having is that when I do my:

Excel1.Save(Path1 & Month & "\Director" & RefinedName & "" & Designerfile & “.xls”, SaveType.OpenInExcel)

It saves the excel file in a different version than is on my computer. When this happens, before it will shut down the program, it wants me to recalculate since it was saved in a different version.

I have tried using the:

Excel1.Save(Path1 & Month & "\Director" & RefinedName & "" & Designerfile & “.xls”, SaveType.OpenInExcel, FileFormatType.Excel2003)

but then it gives me an error in Windows Forms. That ‘FileFormatType’ works fine in ASP.net but not in VB.NET and Windows Forms.

Any suggestions, ideas, hints, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steven

Hi Steven,

Excel1.Save(Path1 & Month & “\Director” & RefinedName & “” & Designerfile & “.xls”, SaveType.OpenInExcel)

should be

Excel1.Save(Path1 & Month & “\Director” & RefinedName & “” & Designerfile & “.xls”, FileFormatType.Excel2003)

Please don’t care about the prompt message about the different version. Aspose.Excel created files has some slight difference with Excel created files. In some records, MS Excel makes slightly undisclosed changes in different versions. Aspose.Excel doesn’t care about it and put a value as the lowest supported version:Excel97. It will not interfere with the result file. The file will work well in your Excel.