SaveAsPDF not rendering newline correctly

Hello,

I have Word document that is generated by a tool. This produces newline characters to delimit by ex. names.
When I use Aspose (v7 or 8) to convert it to PDF only the first line is rendered. The lines that come after the newline are not!

Is this a bug in Aspose?

Added 2 files: Word document containing the newline characters and the resulting PDF.

Greetings,
PP

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please provide me the code which you use to fill the document with data, and attach the output Word document here for testing? I will check the problem and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hello,

I do not have access to the code for generating the document.
I know what happens: We are using some kind of mailmerge. In a mergefield text is inserted with 0D0A to separate the data. The mailmerge process changes the 0D0A’s to linefeeds.

An example of a simple output document is attached to the first post.

Hope you can help.

Greetings,
PP

Hi

Thank you for additional information. But it is no enough to reproduce the problem. Please provide sample data, which you put into the merge field (at least string). Also, it would be great if you attach an expected output. It is not quite clear what is wrong from your documents.
Best regards.

Ok,

my mistake (shame on me).
The Word attachement I enclosed was wrong.
I hereby attacht the correct Word output document that is not correctly converted to PDF.

Hope you can help me now

Greetings,
PP

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards,

Hello,

Is there any indication on the fix date?
This bug is holding up deployment.

Greetings,
PP

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your request. I am working on your issue right at the moment. The fix will be included into the next hotfix. We will notify you as soon as the hotfix come out.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14837) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.