Saved .msg files show only part of the body when opened in Outlook

Hi,

We save emails coming from exchange as msg files for archiving using Aspose.Email.
However some msg files when opened afterwards do not show the complete body content.

I checked the msg file and the htmlbody appears complete. When I save that msg file as an eml file with Aspose.Email, the body is shown completely.
When loading this eml file again with Aspose.Email and resaving it as msg, the content is again not shown completely.

Is there any reason why this body is not shown when opening the msg file even though the content is present?

In the attached zip is the file as saved from exchange (1.msg) , the eml file created from 1.msg (1.eml) and the msg file created from the eml file (1_1.msg).

Thx

MsgIncompleteBody.zip (24.3 KB)

@ikke1234,

I request you to please first try using latest Aspose.Email for .NET 19.2 on your end and if there is still an issue then please share the source code used on your end to reproduce the issue.

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest version and tried it again. The problem with this emails still exists.
Concerning the source code, you can can see the results with the following few lines:

string fileName = “d:\temp\1”;
// Load the 1.msg
var msg1 = MailMessage.Load(fileName + “.msg”);
// Save it as an EML
msg1.Save(fileName + “.eml”, SaveOptions.DefaultEml);
// Load the EML
var msg2 = MailMessage.Load(fileName + “.eml”);
// Save it again as an MSG
msg2.Save(fileName + “_1.msg”, SaveOptions.DefaultMsgUnicode);

When you open the 1.msg or the 1_1.msg only the first part of the body is shown, when you open the 1.eml you will see the complete body.

@ikke1234,

Thank you for sharing the information. An issue with ID EMAILNET-39420 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.