Saved PDF document does not match Word document

When saving a file using the save command with the PDF option the PDF document created does not match exactly the Word document as viewed through Word. We have also used Word (2010) to save the .Doc version of the file as PDF and this documents matches the Word document.

The specific problem is that the word document has a page break and goes over two pages and the Aspose.Words save PDF document remains on a single page.

We need the two documents to match.

We have attached a sample of the Word Document, the PDF file created from Word and the PDF created by Aspose.Words.

The code we have used to create the PDF is similar to below:

Document wordDocument = new Document("filename");
wordDocument.Save("pdffilename", SaveFormat.Pdf);

Regards

Tony Bradford

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your inquiry. In your case, Aspose.Words’ mimics the behavior of Microsoft Word 2013; this means that if you convert your document into PDF using Aspose.Words, the output will appear almost exactly as if it was done by Microsoft Word 2013 (please see a couple of PDF documents attached here with this post). This seems to be an expected behavior. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Hi Awais

Thank you for your reply - however I think I had attached the wrong evidence. I have now installed Office 2013 and verified that the attached documents are behaving differently - in the word document two lines are carried forward to the next page whereas in the PDF document only one line is carried forward to the next page.

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 14.1.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. There should be one page in Aspose.Words generated output Pdf but the last paragraph “Mortgages and Loans” is moved to second page. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-9720. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9720) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.