We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

SaveToExcelFile losing Chart

I have a chart generated on a WebGrid.

When I export the WebGrid to Excel using the SaveToExcelFile method the Chart disappears from the file.

Is this supposed to be happening?

Thanks

Hi,

Kindly download Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.3 and install on your system:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry342530.aspx

After installation, you will get Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v2.7.x. Please try it. If you find the issue regarding charts, please give us your template input and output (exported) files here, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Good afternoon Amjad,

I updated my libraries to .Net v7.0.3 as you said but I am still experiencing the same problem.

Could you please check my attached website and advise.

Many Thanks

Hi,

I can find the issue as you have mentioned by your sample project. I have logged a ticket for it with an id: CELLSNET-40106. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad.

Hi,

After further evaluation and talking with the relevant developer, actually this is not a bug but currently Aspose.Cells.GridWeb and Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop control do not support to export/save charts in the Excel files. These controls can only support to load/show the charts (as pictures) in the grid matrix. It is a complex feature and we have no plans to support it in near future for the controls.

For your need, please use Aspose.Cells product APIs, to save the Excel files with Charts, it is powerful component that can suit your needs regarding chart rendering, you may use both GridWeb and Aspose.Cells in a single project for your needs.

Thank you.

It is a pity that this is not supported,

I will be trying to use Aspose.Cells to generate my report.

Thanks for your prompt feedback