saveToPdf problems

5 months have passed since 4.0.2beta came out. Is there any chance that the stable version will come out before the 21st of august, so that we can update to that version before our license’s expiry?

thanks.

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for your inquiry. The next version of Aspose.Words for Java (non-beta) is scheduled on mid or second half of August. So you have a very good chance to get it before the 21st of August.
Best regards,

*mtassinari:
I have downloaded version 4.0.1 beta of Aspose.Words for Java, which actually solved the problem of saving to a stream.

Now, another problem happens, when merging many documents into a single one. In the attachment you’ll find the following:

• 20 report files generated by our software via Aspose.Words for JasperReports (named report__.doc)
  • the doc file resulting from merging them using Aspose.Words for Java, then saving the result as .doc (DVR_3_3_allegati.doc)
  • the pdf file resulting from merging them and then saving the result as .pdf (DVR_3_3_allegati.pdf)

as you can see, the PDF version contains many errors: some images are completely screwed, and also it is completely blank from about half its length to its end.

How can this problem be solved?

PS: the archive was compressed using 7zip, so even if the extension is .zip, it really is a .7z file, I needed to do this 'cause the actual zip compression was too little, the original size is about 35MB*

Quoting my own post just to say that I’ve downloaded latest versions of both Aspose.Words for Java (now out of beta) and Aspose.Words for JasperReports, but the problem persists. Is there an estimate for the fix?

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, this feature is still in beta. It will come out of beta once we finish our work on synchronizing .NET and Java versions of Aspose.Words. You can check progress here:
https://blog.aspose.com/2010/10/14/autoporting-aspose-words-for-java-progress-13th-oct-2010
Best regards,

I see… since you removed the “beta” term from the name, I thought it was actually out of beta. We’ll wait then…

Hello
Thanks for your patience.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14460) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(7)

We are happy to inform you that the first auto-ported version of Aspose.Words for Java is ready. This version supports converting documents to PDF. You can get it from here.

Best regards,
Aspose.Words team

(60)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-21) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)