Saving 1MB worth of paragraphs to PDF takes several minutes

We have some code that converts a simple text file to a PDF file using Aspose.Words 6.1.0.0.

This works well, but on our test document (1MB of text) this takes several minutes (02:30) to complete.

Adding the lines to the document is blazing fast (milliseconds), the command that is taking up all the time is doc.Save(pdfStream, SaveFormat.Pdf);

THe logic we use to convert text to a Document is as follows:

private Document ConvertTextToWord(Stream textStream)
{
    // This object will help us generate the document.
    DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder();
    // Use a StreamReader to read the text document.
    using (StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(textStream, Encoding.Default, true))
    {
        // Read plain text "lines" and convert them into paragraphs in the document.
        while (true)
        {
            string line = reader.ReadLine();
            if (line != null)
            {
                builder.Writeln(line);
            }
            else
            {
                break;
            }
        }
    }
    return builder.Document;
}

Source and converted files have been attached.

Hi
Thanks for your request. It seems to be a known issue #7490 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 7490) have been fixed in this update.

It now takes 30 seconds, which is still not great, but an improvement nevertheless.

Hi
Thanks for your request. I also think that it is too slow and I created one more issue in our defect database (#7666). We will try to improve performance.
Best regards.

This issue has been open for some time. I checked it recently and Aspose.Words converts this document in 6 seconds, which is good, I will close the issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2118) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.