Saving a presentation takes long time

Dear,

I am, using aspose.slide v. 7.3 to create a .pptx presentations that contains the following:
63 slides, 55 charts and 78 tables.
In addition to that I am cloning some slides and deleting some others (based on rules required in my application)

The problem is saving the presentations. It takes around 9 second to save.

{
PresentationEx MyPres;

//… some code running here

MyPres.Write(“C:\MyPresentation.pptx”); //<-- this code takes 9 seconds
}

Is it normal to take such time to save? Or could it be the use of a specific chart that might cause that much time? Or the cloning and deleting?

Thank you in advance
Sami Simon

Hi Sami Simon,

I have observed the requirements shared by you. Can you please share that if you are taking 9 seconds for generation of slides with charts and tables including slide deletion, cloning and eventually saving presentation or just taking 9 seconds for saving presentation. I am afraid I need the sample project, source presentation and generated presentation in this regard to observe the performance on my end. I may also request you to share the complete environment details where by you are using your application. I will then be able to share that whether there is a performance constraint or not.

Many Thanks,

Dear Mudassir Fayyaz,

After generating the slides including charts and tables and cloning … saving the presentation takes 9 seconds (eventually the following code, that I shared in my previous message: MyPres.Write(“c:\MyPresentation.pptx”); is taking 9 seconds).

PS: I tried to use MyPres.Save(“c:\MyPresentation.pptx”, SaveFormat.Pptx); but it is taking almost the same time as MyPres.Write.

I will try to prepare a solution that simulate the problem I am having when saving the presentation, and share with you further details on the environment in which this solution is running in a later message.

Thank you in advance,
Sami Simon

Hi Sami Simon,

That will be fine and I will wait for further response ffrom your end in the form of sample application.

Many Thanks,

Dear,

Please forgive my late response to your previous message, finally I was able to create a sample project that simulates very much our solution, kindly find it attached.

Here is a small brief on how it works:
The solution contains one windows form with a “Run” button. Clicking it will generate a report and save it in on the local machine (“bin\Data\Export” folder in the solution). When the report is generated, the following time logs will appear on the window:
- Generation of report: including data preparation and report generation (slides, charts, tables … ).
- Time needed to save the presentations (calling presentation.Save() method).

From here you can realize that saving the presentation takes some time (between 6 and 9 seconds depends on the machine running the application).

PS: the solution has been created using Visual Studio 2012, .Net framework 3.5.

Should you need any additional information on the solution please feel free to contact me.

Thank you in advance,
Sami Simon

Hi Sami Simon,

Thanks for sharing the sample project. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-34343 as performance investigation in our issue tracking system to observe if the time taken is normal or can it be improved further. I have linked this thread with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Sami Simon,

Our development team has observed the issue and I like to the performance will be greatly improved when our unified version of API will be released during last quarter to 2013. We will really appreciate your patience till the requested time.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-34343) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Dear,

I run the same project shared in my early message using ASPose.Slide version 7.5. The time needed for saving the presentation is now between 5 and 6 seconds. Is this time normal? Or there are any optimizations I should do in my code to reduce the saving time?

Thank you in advance,
Sami Simon

Hi Sami Simon,

I have observed the results shared by you. With earlier product version you shared to get the presentation saving between 9 to 10 seconds. However, with Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.5.0, the results seems to be improved on your end to an extent. I also like to share that there are no optimization that you can do on your end with shared sample project. I also like to add further that with release of unified API during Q4 of 2013, the things will be improved further for you as well.

Many Thanks,