Saving an existing PDF to a stream in Aspose.PDF XML format

Hi,

After a long chat session with support I found out it was impossible to save an existing PDF document to a stream (of file for that matter) in Aspose.PDF XML format. Isn’t it a little strange that all of the Aspose file format components have this option BUT Aspose.PDF.Kit? I would realy like to add this request to the “Requested Features” list :slight_smile:

The reason I need this is to append existing PDF documents when dynamically creating a new PDF document using Aspose.PDF. The user has the possibility to select several documents (in this case Word, Excel and PDF documents) to be appended to the dynamically created document. For Word and Excel this is easy: just open the file, save it to a stream in Aspose.PDF XML format en read the stream into the dynamically created PDF using BindXML. Of course it is possible to first save the PDF and then use PDF.Kit to concatenate the PDF documents, but it would be much easier to use the same logic as used for Word and Excel documents.

Hendrik

Hi Hendrik,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Unlike Word and Excel, the PDF is not easy to be edited. As you can see you can't edit PDF using Acrobat like you editing Word or Excel file. There are many customers have the same requirement as you but we can't support this feature in short time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Too bad… But I’ll live :slight_smile: Already talked the customer out of the feature requiring this. Thanks for the quick reply… I understand (a bit) why this is hard to achieve.