Saving charts in Excel to Pdf results in truncated legend

Hello, I have a problem with saving excel file to PDF. There are number of charts with legend text. The document looks fine in excel, but after saving to PDF the legend can be truncated off the edge.

Can you provide some advice as to what can fix this?
I have attached two documents, the first is the excel file, the second is the converted PDF file.
I used the following code:

Workbook wb = new Workbook(“C:\chart_test.xls”);
//Save the excel file to PDF format
wb.Save(“C:\xls2pdf.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

Version: Aspose.Cells v7.5.1.0

Thank you

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue after converting your Excel file into PDF using the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.2.1.3
. Charts legends are truncated inside the output PDF.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-43068.

I have tested this issue with the following code and attached the output pdf generated by it for a reference.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\chart_test.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.2.2.2 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43068) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Kindly advice if the same fix is available for Java as well. I face issues while converting xls to PDF or HTML using aspose cells for java

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

Yes, the same fix will be available in the equivalent revision of Aspose.Cells for Java API. However, we would suggest you to use the latest official release Aspose.Cells for Java 8.3.2. In case you face any difficulty, please share your sample spreadsheet along with the PDF generated on your end on a new thread/post in Aspose.Cells support forum.