Saving file as PDF changes page outline – a table is broken and moved to the second page

Hi,

Please see the following code. All I do is saving the file as a PDF. Original Word file consists of a big table that spans 2 pages. The resulting PDF file will have the table broken at the beginning, resulting in almost empty page inserted. This happens when testing in Aspose Words 20.6. In an older version 17.5 the file generates OK. I would attach example files, but can’t figure out how. I was able to do it in the past :frowning:

Here is the code:

Document doc = new Document( "src/data/worddocs/testTable.docx");
doc.save( "src/data/worddocs/ouput20.6.pdf", SaveFormat.PDF );

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Natasa

@nfecanin

Could you please ZIP and attach your input Word document here for testing? We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

Thanks tahir.manzoor,

You can download the files from here: http://files.contentpilot.net/public.php?service=files&t=b21277528e7d81799ef810e14298c6d2

testTable.docx - file that causes the issue. If the table did not extend over multiple pages, it generated OK.
output###.pdf - output files as generated using version 17.6, or version 20.6 with or without license.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Natasa

@nfecanin

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-21251 . You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@nfecanin

The issue with table breaking was resolved by another related issue WORDSNET-10130 and its fix will be available in the next version of Aspose.Words i.e. 20.11.

There is another issue related to your document and its issue ID is WORDSNET-21344 (Paragraph is on a wrong page in output PDF). You will be informed via this forum thread once it is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.12 update.