Saving MHTML to PDF performance issue

We are using a combination of Aspose.Email and Aspose.Words to convert email messages to PDFs as suggested in these forums by first saving the MSG file to MHTML with Aspose.Email (2.9.0) and then saving the MHTML to PDF using Aspose.Words (13.3.0).

There certain messages that cause the saving to PDF process to take a very long time to complete (we have observed over 20 hours), while the initial MSG to MHTML conversion is very fast.

I’ve attached the original .MSG file and the intermediate MHTML that is generated. If you attempt to save this MHTML to PDF, you will observe the performance issue using this code:

var document = new Aspose.Words.Document(mhtmlFile, new LoadOptions()
{
    LoadFormat = LoadFormat.Mhtml
});
document.Save(outputFilePath, SaveFormat.Pdf);

Can you investigate why this is happening?

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-8187 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8187) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.12 update.