Saving PPTX with embedded file changes embed's file name

It appears that when a PowerPoint (pptx) presentation containing an embedded file is loaded into a Presentation object, and then saved, the file name of the embedded file is mangled.

The attached presentation “Embedded_docx_input.pptx” has a Microsoft Word (docx) file embedded in its only slide. The embedded file’s name is “Microsoft_Word_Document1.docx”.

The attached presentation “Embedded_xlsx_input.pptx” has a Microsoft Excel (xlsx) file embedded in its only slide. The embedded file’s name is “Microsoft_Excel_Worksheet1.xlsx”.

Our application contains code like this (of course, in the actual app inputFile, outputFile and the SaveFormat are not hard-coded):

string inputFile = “C:\foo\Embedded_docx_input.pptx”;

string outputFile = “C:\foo\Embedded_docx_output.pptx”;

try

{

Presentation presentation = new Presentation(inputFile);

using (var outputStream = new FileStream(outputFile, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.ReadWrite))

{

presentation.Save(outputStream, SaveFormat.Pptx);

}

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

// exception handling

}

When I open “Embedded_docx_output.pptx” with WinZip or 7-Zip, I see that the embedded file is now named “oleObject1.docx”.

Similarly, if I run “Embedded_xlsx_input.pptx” through the same code, the embedded file in “Embedded_xlsx_output.pptx” is named “oleObject1.xlsx”.

I get the same results if I first read either input file into a stream, and use the Presentation(Stream) constructor.

We are using Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.3.0

Hi Tony,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your requirements and worked with the presentation file shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the issue, while loading and saving the presentation file. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-36415 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36415) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.