Saving simple password-protected Word file in decrypted format results in other file changes

Hi,

I’ve encountered a problem when I try to save protected Word files (I tested with docx) in unencrypted format. Basically, I am just opening the document with the password, calling Unprotect(), and Save() with the same format as the input, and some data/formatting is lost. All I am looking to do is save the file without changes, but just decrypted. It’s a very simple input file, however, it contains some kind of annotation or symbol (the name of which I am unaware of), which gets lost when saved. Also, when you view the original in full-screen mode, this ‘annotation’ is hidden, but returns when leaving full-screen mode. I did create this document a while ago, but I don’t recall how I inserted that symbol.

The attached zip file contains both the original file, and the decrypted one.

I am testing with Aspose.Words.dll version 9.5.0.0.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hello

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4726) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.