Saving text box in a word 2010 changes its properties

Hi,

Please see the attached Word 2010 document with a simple text box in it. When you select that Text Box, the Tab on top offers properties for “Drawing Tools”. Also, when I try to change Color Themes under Page Layout, the text font and box background color changes - as it’s appropriate for the theme.

Now, I run the following code snippet using this document, in which I create a new document by cloning the current one. After the document is saved, the Text Box in the new generated document does not appear with “Drawing Tools” tab, but with a “Text Box Tool” tab. Also, changing the Color Theme for it does not change the text box background color.

Document source = new Document(“c:/sourceFileTextBox.docx”);
Document doc = source.deepClone();

OoxmlSaveOptions saveOptions = new OoxmlSaveOptions( SaveFormat.DOCX );
saveOptions.setCompliance( OoxmlCompliance.ISO_29500_2008_TRANSITIONAL );
doc.save(“c:/documentTextBox.docx”, saveOptions);

Please let me know if there is a way to save the new document so that the text box properties are kept unchanged and Color Theme change works OK in the new generated document.

Thanks,

Natasa

Hi Natasa,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.1.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7747. Your request has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7747) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.