Saving Word document to PDF is using incorrect fonts

We are using Aspose Words (latest version, Apr 2014) to convert Word documents to PDF. In the PDF that is generated, some of the fonts are incorrect. The correct font family is used (Helvetica LT Std), but the wrong style of the font is selected. For example, Helvetica LT Std Ultra Compressed is used instead of Helvetica LT Std Roman (see attached examples). These are OpenType fonts, which after reading through the forums I understand that Aspose has not supported until very recently - are they fully supported now?

I have ruled out the possibility of fonts not being installed on the system. I used the “warning callback” feature of the conversion options, and no warnings were produced. I also used other tools to convert the word doc to PDF (Adobe Print Driver, TX Text Control) and they both produced the PDF with the correct fonts. I also tried with both .docx and .doc files and got the same results.

Attached in this post are examples of the output produced by the different tools including Aspose, as well as the original Word document and the fonts that are used. From what I can tell so far, this is a problem with the Aspose PDF Saving functionality.

This is a blocker for us now and we need to have it resolved or will have to go with another utility.

Thanks

Hi David,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I
have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue
at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in
our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10040. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10040) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.