Saving Workbook as Tabbed Text

I'm currently using the evaluation licesnse. When saving a workbook as Tab Delimited Text, the resulting text file is only showing the data for the first sheet. Is this due to the Eval license, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Well, yes, this is the correct behavior as per MS Excel. For text formats (e.g TXT, Tab Delimited, CSV etc.), only the active worksheet’s data is rendered to it. You may confirm this behavior in MS Excel manually.

Thank you.
CashCache:

I'm currently using the evaluation licesnse. When saving a workbook as Tab Delimited Text, the resulting text file is only showing the data for the first sheet. Is this due to the Eval license, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

You are right. Only the data of active worksheet will be copied into the output txt/csv file as stated by Amjad.

As a workaround, you can merge the data of your all worksheets into a single worksheet and then save it in csv/txt format.

Please see the following article for your reference to know how to merge your all worksheets into a single worksheet.

Thank you for the quick reply. My requirement is to extract ALL text from Excel files and save it to a single text file. Some of the Excel files I come accross can me 10,000+ pages. Would it be more efficient to merge all the sheets into one before saving the file, or would it be better to create a stream and write each sheet to the stream one by one?

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please use the more efficient code in this article. We have further looked into your issue. The ActiveSheetIndex is being ignored because of Evaluation Version.

If you will set the valid license, this error will not occur. In order to set license, you will have to purchase license which you can get from Aspose.Purchase department.

The other way is to use the code mentioned in the previous article where all worksheets are merged into a single worksheet. But I think, it is not more efficient because of overhead of merging worksheets.