Saving XLSX as PDF - Images Get Lost

Hi,I am simply opening an XLSX file (which contains a few images) and save it as PDF. The Output file is all fine except the images get lost.The code I am using is as follows:

Aspose.Cells.Workbook wb = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(@"D:\Temp\test_file.xlsx");
wb.Save(@"d:\Temp\output.pdf", Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf);

So simple, but could not find what is wrong.

I am also attaching the test input file as well as the output file, created by the code above.

Please advise asap.

Thanks.

Hi,

Please download and try the latest version:

Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.2.1.1
It works fine.

Let us know your feedback.

I have attached the output pdf created with the latest version using the following code.

Please see the screenshot for your reference as you see images are showing fine.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\test_file.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.pdf”);

Screenshot:

I have downloaded and upgraded to 7.2.1.1 version, however the output is same and is missing the images; although your screenshot shows the otherway.

Please advise.

I have upgraded to version 7.2.1.1 but the output pdf file still misses the images.

I can see your screenshot, however int my case the same problem still exists.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi,

Could you please provide us a screenshot? Is it because of some Adobe version.

I have checked again and it is working fine at my end.

Also, please let us know your .NET framework? Are you using .NET client profile version?

Could you please check if you are using the older version of Adobe Reader?

I am using Adobe Reader X v10.1.0. Please download and use it, it will fix your problem. Please see the screenshot below.

Screenshot:

Hi,

I am attaching all screenshots that may help. I am using the same PDF Reader version. Also, the DLL I am using is taken from the ZIP file you have attached here.

Let me know if you need anything else from me.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your screenshots.

We have logged this issue for investigation in our database.

Development team will look into this issue and once the fix is available or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40689.

Can you please provide a solution or a timeframe for a solution? The issue is causing problems at clients; since they are losing some of the images during the conversion.

This is really urgent for us; please advise.

Thanks.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

We will provide a fix within 1-2 days.

Any news on this?

We are still under pressure from the client on this issue.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

Please download and try the latest fix:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.2.1.4

This version seems to fix the problem. Thanks a lot.

Is this dll safe to use in production?

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It’s good to know that your issue is resolved now.

Yes, you can use it safely in production.

This is called Minor Version. At the end of the month, we release a Major Version which is exactly the same thing but it also has release notes.

Please see the sample release notes at the following link. I have also attached the screenshot for your reference.

Release Notes - Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.2.1

Screenshot: