Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Searchable PDF C#

I followed the code here: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/thread/561892/convert-image-to-searchable-pdf-file-using-google-ocr-exe.aspx , but I’m still not getting a searchable PDF. I’m using https://github.com/charlesw/tesseract to get this to work in C#. I’ve tried going from a TIFF to searchable PDF and PDF to searchable PDF. I’ve gotten neither to work.

Hi Cody,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will appreciate it if you please share your sample input/output documents here, so we will test the scenario at our end and will guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

I am actually unable to supply a document I am trying to convert due to HIPAA compliance. But I can supply a sample I just tried.

How can I format code on here to show you what I’m doing?

Hi Cody,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario using your shared PDF document, however I have noticed that searchable text is place to incorrect position. So we have logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-40674 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

Furthermore in reference to format code in post, you can use insert code snippet button on top right of text editor.

Best Regards,

I don’t have that button on my text editor. (See attached)

Hi Cody,

Thanks for your feedback. I have noticed that the tool bar is not reflecting as expected in IE, so I am coordinating with our our web team and will update you accordingly. However, as a workaround you may switch to some other Internet browser for time being, e.g Chrome. It is working fine in Chrome.

Best Regards,

Hi Cody,

It appears that you are using Safari browser on MAC as we have observed earlier specified issue (missing controls on toolbar) and web team is already looking into this matter. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

I’m running IE 11 on Windows 7. I am unable to use any other browser as I am on a work laptop

Hi Cody,

Thanks for your feedback. We are looking into the matter and will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Just checking in on how the searchable PDF ticket is coming.

chammond523:
Just checking in on how the searchable PDF ticket is coming.
Hi Cody,

Thanks for your patience.

As we recently have noticed earlier reported issue, so its pending for review and is not yet resolved. However the product team will surely consider investigating/fixing it as per development schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Thank you for the response! Any new update on the ticket?

Hi Cody,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the logged issue is still pending for analysis as product team is busy in other issues/features in the queue. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Best Regards,

I see that 11.6.0 was released, did that contain this fix? Or is this fix still in development?

Hi Cody,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid above reported issue is still not resolved, it is pending for analysis as product team is busy in resolving other issues/features in the queue. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Best Regards,

Just checking in on how things are coming with this.

Hi Cody,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid the earlier reported issue is still pending for review and is not yet resolved. However the product team will surely consider investigating/fixing it as per development schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Just wanted to check in on this again. I have a project waiting on this bug to be fixed. Is there anyway we can move it up the priority line?

Hi Cody,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your issue is still pending for investigation in the queue. Currently product team is busy to resolve other issues, reported earlier. However we have requested our product team to complete the investigation and share an ETA at their earliest. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Moreover in reference to escalation, we schedule issue investigation and resolution on first come first serve basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers. However, if you have subscription to our priority support service. Then you can escalate the issue using it, as paid support has different precedence queue.

Best Regards,

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, you are checking PDFNEWNET-40674 correct? I know at one point I brought up a different issue.