Section could have name and could be hidden in odt-Format

Hi,

to simulate the functionality of blocklevel StructuredDocumentTags for RTF content. It would be nice to have access to the section properties “text:name” and “text:display”.

an extract of the content.xml from a test.odt

the same extract after open and save with aspose.

If I open one of this files in Aspose and re-save it, then the name-attribute is still there but the display-attribute is gone.

Would it be possible to keep the display-attribute?

Is it possible to get access to the attribute?

No need to say that while save these documents as PDF these sections become visible.

Thank you.

Hi Babett,

Thanks for your inquiry. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.8.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not preserve text:display attribute during open/save. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7152. Your request has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Babett,

Thanks for your patience.

It is to update you that the developer has finished analysing your issue and has come to a conclusion that your issue has been found to be not a bug. Unfortunately, we’re not going to implement it. This is because the internal structure of Aspose.Words is built around Microsoft Word documents; therefore, if you load an OpenOffice document into Aspose.Words’ DOM, it must be ‘converted’ to the mainly Word based object model. If there is a feature present in OpenOffice that has no equivalent in Microsoft Word then it might require changes to the internal structure and may cause loss of such attributes.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Thanks for evaluating.

We build our documents on server at the base of templates and informations from the database. Our client has only minimal integration to the different office systems (Ms Word, LibreOffice, OpenOffice) thanks to the Aspose.words libary. It is possible to hide the section in this part of code at the client. Unfortunately the uno libary seem more for creating documents the for modelling.

Is there any possibility to get a getter/setter vor sections name? This information stays intact while ‘converted’ to the mainly Word based object model and also back. So I could use these for identifing my sections which I need to hide. I would really help even if the display attribute is not handled.

Thank you.

Hi Babett,

Thanks for your inquiry. We’re in communication with our development team. I will update you as soon as I have extra information.

Best Regards,

Hi Babett,

Thanks for your patience. But, when you perform a round trip ODT > DOCX > ODT with Microsoft Word, it doesn’t preserve the Section’s name attribute too. Aspose.Words mimics the same behaviour. I am afraid, our model doesn’t allow storing this ‘name’ attribute and we can’t expose a getter/setter for Section’s name attribute in the API either. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Hi Babett,

Just a quick query, would it be enough if hidden sections are not imported into the Aspose DOM at all and do not appear in the output ODT when loaded and saved back to ODT using Aspose.Words?

Thanks,

Hi,

No, because I want to use hidden section to protect bookmarks in the document. If the sections aren’t in den Aspose DOM anymore my bookmarks are gone. In our case that would be a step backwards instat of forward.

Best It would be if the section are intact an I could read the attribute hidden.

But for PDF creation it would be the better way. But thats not our purpose.

Thanks.

Hi Babett,

I would like to add here is that if you perform conversions between Word formats against a document containing Bookmarks inside a protected Section, then these Bookmarks and the container Section will be remain preserved. However, if you perform ODT > DOCX > ODT round trip then Section’s name attribute is not preserved.

Best Regards,

Hi,

that would be ok, if the section name are gone while using this converting path. I think this should work for our way working with documents.

Best Regards

Hi Babett,

Thanks for the update. It is perfect that you managed to achieve what you’re looking for. If we can help you here with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,