Section ProtectedForForms always true with 2007 documents

I have 3 documents that are the same. One is DOC, one is DOCX, and one is DOCM. They have 3 sections: the first is protected, the second is non-protected formfield, the third is protected.

The DOC returns the correct values for each of the sections: true, false, true.

For the 2007 documents, it returns true, true, true. I have played around with the sections, switching the protection to on and off. No matter what I do, DOCX and DOCM return true for all sections.

Is this a bug? Thank you.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I managed to reproduce the issue on my side. This issue has been logged and will be fixed sometime in the future. We will keep you informed of any developments.

I'm afraid I can't suggest any work arounds at the moment except for using the DOC format for the time being instead.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 20831) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(12)

I am currently utilizing version 11.11.0, for which it was reported the bug was fixed. However, I continue to have the problem the OP reported. Every section in my DOCX document returns true for ProtectedForForms, even if protection is turned off.

My goal is to append several documents together, retaining the protection level of the original document's sections, however this is impossible without the bug being resolved, as the append operations loses the protection level of the section, and it cannot be reapplied because I cannot accurately read this property. Please advise.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response please supply us with the following information.

• What version of Aspose.Words for .NET are you currently using?
  • Please supply us with the code from your application that is causing the issue
  • Please supply us with the input document(s) i.e. causing the issue
  • Please supply us with the output document showing the undesired behavior

As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we’ll start our investigation into your issue.

Many thanks,