Security problem on Remote Host

Hi,

We’re using ASP.NET to automate the production of powerpoint presentations.
I’ve just moved to a remote server for testing. When I run the system I get
the following:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type ‘System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’ failed.]

It seems to be failing on the following line of code:

presEx = New PresentationEx(BaseDirectory & str2007BaseTemplate)

The 2003 version of this runs fine:

pres = New Presentation(BaseDirectory & str2003BaseTemplate)

Is there anything I need to do to get this to run?

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

Can you please share the detailed information with us regarding the issue status. Please share the sample project for which you are obtaining the said issue. Please also share the information about the environment used along with Aspose.Slides for .NET version.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi, I’ll try and put something together when I can.

Are there any immediate thoughts on what might be causing the problem? I saw a similar problem with Word where it was trying to create a temp directory.

Cheers
Dan

Hi Dan,

I regret to share that unfortunately I am unable to share any work around unless I am able to reproduce the issue. We will investigate and try reproducing the issue once you will share some data. We will be in position to share the possible work around after investigation. Please also share the link for the referenced Aspose.Words issue as well. Please also share the complete environment details as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

Here’s the files I’m using and a screenshot of the error.

I’m hosting it on fasthosts. I believe it

This is the thread I saw about the word problems

And some details from Fasthosts about security problems:

http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/knowledge-base/?article_id=710

Hope that’s enough to go on.

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

I have observed the issue shared by you. An issue with ID 30043 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate this issue. We will share the information with you once the investigation is carried by our development team.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi, any update on this? thanks

Hi Dan,

The issue has been scheduled for investigation in week 37 of 2011. In light of our initial investigation, we believe that PresentationEx constructor used by you in your configuration needs more security permissions than Medium Trust security level provides. It will be really appreciable if you may please provide us with more detailed information about the web server and server configuration. The PresentationEx constructor requires following security permissions. The following is output from permcalc utility that shows permissions needed to run PresentationEx constructor:

Can you please also try Full Trust security level for instance to verify the things. Please share the detailed information as requested in this regard.
Thanks and Regards,

Hi, I had a problem with a Fasthosts server I was using. I’ve now moved to a separate standalone server (again with Fasthosts) and it works fine, so I don’t have the problem anymore.

Thanks
Dan