We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Security settings not applied properly with Aspose.Pdf.Kit

Hello,

I have a problem while setting document security restrictions.

I'm using Aspose.Pdf.Kit to encrypt an existing document with specified security settings. Apparently code compiles and runs successfully but when I open the document it shows no controls to modify/create annotations.

I'm attaching both input (test.pdf) and output files (testoutput.pdf). Here are the passwords for testoutput.pdf:

Document Open Password: opass
Permissions Password: upass

I've tried to use both user password and master password to open the document but again these controls (create annotations) are not visible.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Anis Ahmad

Hi Anis,

I opened the output PDF file with Adobe Acrobat using document open password and added/edited the annotations successfully. Could you please elaborate where exactly are you having this problem? How can we reproduce it at our end?

Also, please share the complete code snippet you used to apply security settings to the PDF. Moreover, please share the .NET framework version and OS you’re working with as well.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.
Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I’m having problem while using Adobe Reader not Adobe Acrobat.

The problem is that once I’ve changed the security settings they seems to appear differently on different Adobe Reader versions. Here are screen shots taken for testing.pdf (attached) where you can see that Document Restriction Summary is different for both Adobe Reader 8 and Adobe Reader 9. So I thought that this might be due to some mistake at my end.

I’m using the demo project given at Aspose demo and using .NET Framework 3.5, VS 2008 and Windows XP SP3.

Please find attached the original files and the security settings screen shots (in respective folders) for each file taken using Adobe Reader 8, Adobe Reader 9 and Adobe Reader X.

You’ll notice that:

1. All Adobe Reader versions are showing same security settings for details (on “Show Details” dialog)
2. The main “Document Restrictions Summary” is showing different settings for every Adobe Reader version. But for Adobe Reader 9 and Adobe Reader X, only “Commenting” setting is mismatched.

Test.pdf is the main file from which other three files have been created. Here are the passwords for PDF files:

1. Test.pdf: NONE
2. Tester.pdf: æøå
3. Testing.pdf: opass
4. Testoutput.pdf: opass

Best Regards,

Anis Ahmad

Hi Anis,

Thank you very much for sharing further details with us. I have got a better idea of the situation now. However, I need a little more information, so I would be able to reproduce the issue at my end using your particular scenario. Are you applying the same security settings to all the PDF files? Could you please share the code snippet, you’re using to apply settings, with us as well?

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Hi Support,

I'm applying different settings on different PDF files and here is the detail:

1. Test.pdf: Original file. Haven't set any setting using Aspose
2. Tester.pdf: Applied password and set every setting supported by Aspose to true
3. Testing.pdf: Applied password and set every setting supported by Aspose to false
4. Testoutput.pdf: Applied password and set commenting and form filling to true and
others set as false
Please find attached the demo project (Visual Studio 2008) I've used to set these settings. You'll need to add reference for Aspose.Pdf.Kit in the project.
Best regards,
Anis Ahmad

Hi Anis,

I have logged this issue as PDFKITNET-28152 in our issue tracking system. Our team will investigate it in detail and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved. Please spare us some time, so that we’ll be able to analyze and then resolve this issue.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,