See the code behind the demos

Hello,

The demos/turorial on this website are good examples of what the aspose.cell can do, but I cannot get to see the code to create them.

When I click on them, I get an excel file, how do I see the code to generate them?

Also, on the supplied "Aspose.Cells.Demos.VisualBasic" folder, I get an error message saying:

The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: ‘http://Localhost:/Aspose.Cells.Demos.VisualBasic’. ‘HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden’.

When I am trying to open it with VS.NET 2003. How do I get around it?

Regards

Etienne

Hi Etienne,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Aspose.Cells featured demos are created with vs.net2002(.Net framework 1.0) and are fully supported with vs.net2003(.Net framework 1.1) and vs.net 2005(.Net framework 2.0). When you install Aspose.Cells package (Windows Installer Package) on your system, some Virtual folders are created on your system related to Aspose.Cells.Demos(C#) and Aspose.Cells.Demos.VisualBasic. Well, you don't need to put the demos related folders to c:\inetpub\wwwroot folder to run the demos. You are to just directly dbl click on their project files/solution files in their demos related folders where they are intalled. Thus, you can open the demos solution/project in your Visual Studio .Net, check the source code and run them. Moreover, you do need IIS installed on your system to run the demos.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us any time.

Regards

Amjad Sahi

Aspose Nanjing Team

Hello Amjad,

Windows came loaded on my laptop and I cannot find anywhere I can dowload IIS. Any ideas?

Where can I see the code behind the demos supplied on this website?

How do you format a columnwidth?

cheers

In your laptop, are you using WinXP Professional? If yes, please go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs->Add/Remove windows components, then you can install IIS.

When you install Aspose.Cells, you can also see the winform demos code.

No that is te problem. I am using XP home and cannot install the IIS that way. I do have the IIS.DLL in the system32\setup folder just to taunt me.

Hi Etienne,

To check whether IIS is perfectly installed on your system. you use the following options:

1. open your browser (like Internet Explorer) and stop it. At url bar, write http://localhost and enter.. If IIS starting pages are opened, IIS is ok.

2. Create a project in your vs.net 2003 of the template type "ASP .Net Web Application" and write some asp.net code in the webform1.aspx file. If the project is created successfully and your code run perfectly, IIS is ok.

For setting a column 's width you can use the following piece of code:

// Create a Workbook.

Workbook wb = new Workbook();

// Open an excel file.

wb.Open(@"d:\test.xls");

// Get the first sheet of the Workbook.

Worksheet sheet = wb.Worksheets[0];

// Put a text to F11 Cell.

sheet.Cells[10,5].PutValue("This is testing Text.........");

// set the width of the column F

sheet.Cells.SetColumnWidth(5,20);

Style style = sheet.Cells["F11"].Style;

// Wrap the Text of the Cell.

style.IsTextWrapped = true;

// Save the excel file

wb.Save("d:\\test1.xls");

or

You can also use Aspose.Cells.Demos.Winforms project a check the source of it. The demo projects are installed when you install Aspose.Cells package.

Regards

Amjad Sahi

Aspose Nanjing Team

Thank you for your reply.

I am so far happy with the product. A few more questions if I may:

How do you print a document? (using Excel runtime)

Does the PDF convertsion tool support images?

cheers

How do you print a document? (using Excel runtime)

Aspose.Cells doesn't support to print a Excel file now. You have to use MS Excel to print the file. We will support this feature in the future version. However, it's a complex feature so it will take a long time to make it.

Does the PDF convertsion tool support images?

No, this feature is not supported now.