Seems many problems found for Word to PDF in this forum

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to convert Word 2003 file to PDF format. At the very beginning I saw this product, I am impressed that this may be the solution for us (without trying any demo yet). But when I browse through this forum, it seems that there are many problems found in this product and the bugs are filed into its list for fixing in future release.

Would some users of this product share some experience with me? Is this product really amazing and stable for you?

Thanks,
Raymond

Hi
Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words. You are free to evaluate Aspose.Words on your side.
In the current version of Aspose.Words there are two ways to convert DOC to PDF.

1. Direct conversion to PDF using Aspose.Words (without using Aspose.Pdf). See the following link for mor einformation:
    https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/convert-a-document-to-pdf/
    here is code:
Document doc = new Document(@"Test012\in.doc");
doc.SaveToPdf(@"Test012\aw_out.pdf");
  1. Another way is using Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf using the following code (old method):
Document doc = new Document(@"Test012\in.doc");
// Save in intermediate AsposePdf format
MemoryStream aPdfStream = new MemoryStream();
doc.Save(aPdfStream, SaveFormat.AsposePdf);
// Create Aspose.Pdf.Pdf document
Aspose.Pdf.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Pdf();
pdf.BindXML(aPdfStream, null);
// Save pdf
pdf.Save(@"Test012\out.pdf");

Best regards.

Yes, I am considering to try it, but I really figure out many problems reported by other users in this forum for converting WORD to PDF. As we need a reliable conversion library for our production use (at least 10000 documents per daily cycle) and many document word templates are involved with different formatting.

Is there any comparison for your product and Adobe LiveCycle?

Thanks,
Raymond

Hi.
We have been using Aspose.Words for almost a year now, the main reason we choose it was its ability to output so many different formats.
As described in this thread they currently have two ways of converting word docs to pdf.
The “new” way shows a lot of promise, especially with the support of vector images, since we use a lot of graphs in our reports. The negative is that it has to many bugs currently for us to use it in our production environment.
The “old” way is very stable and the only remaining issue we have with it is that it is somewhat slow on documents containing large tables. Read my thread on it here.
Good things with Aspose is that the support is excellent and that updates comes out very frequently.

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words.
I think you should try and see how Aspose.Words handles conversion of your documents. Yes, high activity in the forum is due to recent release of the new rendering feature. But on the other hand, I am sure, most of the customers actually don’t report any problems.