Select Cell issue after update the acwmain.js

In aspose-gridweb-8.6.3 (after testing, seems the acwain.js in acw_client is the issue)

1. I click the cell (Capture.PNG)
2. enter “abc” (abc.PNG)
3. you can see the cell value will change to “abc” immediately

However, in the newest version( aspose-gridweb-17.4.0.jar)
1. I click the cell (or us)
2. enter "abc"
3. you can see the cell value will change to "abcOrder ID"

It feels like I can edit the whole cell at old version( like normal control in excel) by one single click or arrow button
and the newest version seems force me to edit from the first character in the selected cell and it is wired.

Is there any way to return to the older control?

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots and details.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by following your steps and screenshots. I found that cell value is appended at the start when we click on some existing cell (having some value in it). It looks like when we click on some cell, it will directly enter into edit mode whereas in MS Excel, when clicked once, it just selects the cell only. We might provide an option when set to true, we can display behavior like MS Excel but I think then we might have to handle other functions/features accordingly which might be affected by this change. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42295” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42295) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 17.6.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.