Selecting from a list - webgrid

Hello, I am reading an excel file where some cells are defined by a predfined list ( “Data validation” ).

When loading this into the Webgrid, the predefine dlist appears properly.

When the user changes some fields and submits the data, I read the content of the webgrid into an Aspose.cells workbook object and mamipulate some data.

After having modified everything in the Aspose.cells object, I am reading back into the webgrid.

The net reuslt is that the cells that were predefined by a list in the original webgrid ar enot anymore predefined.

Any ideas ?

thank you

Hi,

I am not sure about your issue. We need more details about your issue. Could you create a sample project (runnable) with latest Aspose.Cells v7.7.1 and Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v5.0.1.2xxx, zip it and post it here to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

please find the attached project and source excel.

So I load a excel in webgrid -> list shows up ok.
When the user clicks the submit button, I load the excel in aspose.cells, do some stuff, then load it back into webgrid.
As a result, a list does not show up anymore in webgrid.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project with template file.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. The List Data Validation which was present in the template Excel file lost after reading the template file and re-saving it by Aspose.Cells.GridWeb control. To confirm the issue, I just added a line in your code segment in the project without involving Aspose.Cells.
e.g
Sample code:

’…
Protected Sub GridWeb1_SubmitCommand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
Dim wb As Aspose.Cells.Workbook
Dim splitcellname() As String
Dim tag As String
Dim tijd As DateTime
Dim starttijd As DateTime
Dim eindtijd As DateTime
Dim aantal As Integer
Dim rarray() As Single
Dim tarray() As DateTime
Dim r As Single
Dim ms1 As New MemoryStream
Dim ms2 As New MemoryStream

REM save the content of the webpage to a temporary file and read it back in aspose.cells
GridWeb1.WebWorksheets.SaveToExcelFile(ms1)
GridWeb1.WebWorksheets.SaveToExcelFile(“E:\test2\out1.xls”) ’ The output file does not have data validation in it.
’…

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-42325” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42325) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.