Sending appointment not adding to Organizers calendar

I am trying to use the appointment functionality of Aspose.Network. Most everything looks correct(The emails and the functionality for attendees), but the appointment never gets added to the Organizers calendar in Outlook. This is one of the main things that need to be done for my requirements. I thought it was because I was using an old version of Aspose.Network, so I updated to 6.2.0. Unfortunately it still did not work. Here is the code I am using:

Dim smtp As New Aspose.Network.Mail.SmtpClient(sHost)
Dim msg As New Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage
Dim maOrganizer As New Aspose.Network.Mail.MailAddress(sOrganizer)
Dim maAttendee As New Aspose.Network.Mail.MailAddress(sAttendee)
Dim macAttendees As New Aspose.Network.Mail.MailAddressCollection
macAttendees.Add(maAttendee)
Dim oAppointment As New Aspose.Network.Mail.Appointment(sLocation, CDate("4/4/2011 1:00PM"), CDate("4/4/2011 2:00PM"), maOrganizer, macAttendees)
oAppointment.Summary = sBody
msg.From = maOrganizer
msg.To.Add(maOrganizer)
msg.To.Add(maAttendee)
msg.Subject = sSubject
msg.Body = sBody
msg.AddAlternateView(oAppointment.RequestApointment())
smtp.Send(msg)

Hopefully it is just something I am missing in the code.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thank you for inquiry.

Could you please also add the organizer to the attendees list and see if the appointment is available in the organizer’s calendar?

I tried that first and it didn't work. I retried to use the new version and it still does not show up in the organizers calendar.

Any update on this?

I just tested using 6.3.0 and it doesn’t work with it either.

Hi,

Do you receive any invitation email in the organizer’s Outlook when you send the appointment?

The email is received, but nothing in the calendar. The attendee emails work correctly and the organizer gets all the responses also.

Hi,

This happens when the organizer uses MS Outlook. At our end, we only send the meeting request attached with the email. This process involves communication with the SMTP server to send out the email with meeting request.

However, we noted that if other hosts are used as organizer’s for example gmail.com, it automatically adds the appointment to the calendar even if the organizer is not in the attendees list.

We will investigate further and see if anything can be done to resolve this issue.

Is there any update on this issue?

Hi,

We are still looking into it and will inform you once it gets fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Any news on this?

Hi,

According to our observation, Outlook adds the meeting request in it’s Calendar when the meeting request is created using Outlook itself. The SmtpClient class of Aspose.Network implements the SMTP client side protocol, which works well other web based email clients. I am afraid, this issue cannot be fixed at our side.

Has there been any progress on this issue? I created a related post before I found this one.

Hi Paul,

I have provided the investigated results here on this LINK.