Sending Appointment with Free/Busy defaulted to Free

Hi

When sending an email with an appointment attached via SMTP to an Exchange / Outlook recipient (as per the Sending Email Messages with SMTP - Sending Meeting Requests via Email example), is it possible to default the Free / Busy status of the appointment to Free?

If not is there a way to achieve this with the API?

With Thanks in Advance

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team and we are sorry for the delayed response.

I have analyzed this requirement, and am afraid to share that I could not find any such option to set the Free/Busy status to Free. Could you please spare us little time to investigate the requirement and share our findings?

Your patience and understanding is appreciated in this regard.

Hi Kashif

I’d like the appointment that is sent to attendees to show as free, not busy.

Is it possible to obtain the iCalendar text from the Appointment?
This may then make it possible to add X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS extension to it and attach it to an email with CreateAlternateViewFromString?

Regards

Hi Michael,

We have analyzed your requirements and found that it is not supported by Aspose.Email at present. An enhancement ticket with Id: NETWORKNET-34280 is created for providing facility to set Free/Busy state before sending the appointment.

I have also tested the scenario by creating appointment using CreateAlternateViewFromString() but found that it is not functioning as expected. Another ticket with id: NETWORKNET-34281 is created in our issue tracking system to investigate this issue.

Following sample code can be used to read the iCalendar text from the appointment however it may not fulfil the purpose of setting the Free/Busy state (as logged in ticket NETWORKNET-34281).

Appointment app = Appointment.Load(@“D:\Aspose\Test Subject2.ics”);
MemoryStream stream = new System.IO.MemoryStream();
app.Save(stream, AppointmentSaveFormat.Ics);
stream.Position = 0;
var sr = new StreamReader(stream);
string myStr = sr.ReadToEnd();
AlternateView alterView = AlternateView.CreateAlternateViewFromString(myStr);

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Email.

Thanks Kashif; how do I track the progress of these tickets?

Regards

Hi Michael,

I would like to share that you will be automatically intimated via this thread, once the issues are resolved.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Email.

Hi Michael,

We are glad to share that Aspose.Email for .NET 4.1.0 is released and available for download now.

I would also like to share that issue logged under id: NETWORKNET-34281 is resolved and now you may send appointments which will be received properly on the receiving end. Following is a sample code which demonstrates this feature:

string ical = @“BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:REQUEST
PRODID:-//Aspose Ltd//iCalender Builder (v3.0)//EN
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VEVENT
ATTENDEE;CN=test@gmail.com:mailto:test@gmail.com
DTSTART:20130220T171439
DTEND:20130220T174439
DTSTAMP:20130220T161439Z
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR”;
string sender = “test@gmail.com”;
string recipient = “test@email.com”;
MailMessage message = new MailMessage(sender, recipient, “test subject”, “test body”);
Aspose.Email.Mail.AlternateView av = Aspose.Email.Mail.AlternateView.CreateAlternateViewFromString(ical, new ContentType(“text/calendar”));
message.AlternateViews.Add(av);
SmtpClient client = GetSmtpClient();
client.Send(message);

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.