Serialize Workbook object

I understand that you do not support serializing the Workbook object, however, I have a situation that needs that capability and am wondering if you are considering adding support for serialization. Here’s my situation: I have a custom class (Class A) that inherits from a custom base class (Class B). The custom base class (Class B) has an Aspose.Cells.Workbook member. To improve performance, I am trying to cache an instance of the top-level custom class (Class A), but of course that raises the exception of the Workbook class not being marked as serializable. I am already storing the byte array of the actual document inside the database and re-creating that on request. Please let me know if serialization is something that can be considered for the Aspose.Cells.Workbook class soon. Thanks!

Hi,

We have logged your feature request into our issue tracking system with an id: CELLSNET-21681. We will look into it in future as I am afraid, we cannot support this feature soon.

Thanks for your understanding and sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Hi Amjad,

Any update on above. I also require this feature.

Thanks and Regards,
Yatish

Hi Yatish,

I am afraid there is no update about the feature. Now I have added a priority support ticket for it with an id: CELLSNET-40305. We will soon look into it and get back to you soon.

Thank you.