Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Serious performance issues while converting ODS to Pdf

Hello,

We observe serious performance issues converting relatively small ODS file( 286 KB) to Pdf . During conversion the document spikes the memory usage (private bytes) up to almost 1 GB!

Additionally some graphic does not get converted at all. Such in attached document the metadata at the beginning of the file (“Exclusive Topline” – see the first line in original file) is completely missed after conversion.

The problematic document is attached .

We are using Aspose.Cells for .NET version 8.4.1.0 (Framework version 3.5 service pack 1)

Jelena Rastas ,

UniPrint.net

Hi Jelena,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

Please try the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.5.0 for the problem related to the memory usage. I have checked the conversion process with the aforesaid release and noticed that the process is taking almost 800MB of memory. If you wish to further decrease the memory cost then please use the Memory Preferences as demonstrated below. Please note, the following piece of code decreases the memory cost to 400MB.

C#


Workbook book = new Workbook(SourceFileName, new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.ODS) { MemorySetting = MemorySetting.MemoryPreference});
book.Save(“D:/output.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

Regarding the other concern, we have noticed that the WordArt (Executive Topline) is completely missed in the resultant PDF. I have logged this problem in our bug tracking system under the ticket CELLSNET-43754 for further investigation. Please allow us some time to properly analyze this incident and get back to you with updates in this regard.