Serious problem with MailPrinter.Print method Aspose.Email 2.7.0.0

Hi Aspose Support,

we have a serious problem with the Aspose.Email 2.7.0.0 Assembly released this week.

If the MailPrinter.Print method is called to convert a msg-file into a xps-file, a thread is created, that does not finish properly. This causes a fatal behaviour on closing our windows client software. The windows application shuts down, but the process stays running and can only be terminated by cancellation in the task manager. The user does not realize the situation and ends up in trouble caused by the left over client processes (running out of memory, updates fail because file is in use etc.).

For your diagnosis, I created a little example project attached to this post. Just start the application, select a msg file and push the 'Convert to XPS' button. A xps file with the same name will be created in the msg file directory. The conversion works correct. Now close the windows application. You will see the process never ends.

Calling Environment.Exit(0) on closing the application is not a tolerable option for us.

We downgraded for the moment to Aspose.Email 2.0.0.0 wich does not produce this error.

This is urgent.

Thank you.

Boris

Hi Boris,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Email as part of your solutions.

I was able to reproduce this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 2.7.0 and have logged it in our bug tracking system under issue id: NETWORKNET-33684. Development team will look into it and once we have any information regarding the resolution of this issue, we’ll update you here via this thread.

If you have any other query/inquiry regarding Aspose.Email, please feel free to post to us. We’ll try to assist you further as soon as possible.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-33684) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.