Set axis value to "automatic"

I can see how a property like valueAxis.MinValue can be seen to be “automatic” by whether it is null or not. However, I can’t seem to explicitly set this value to “automatic” by setting it to null. When I try to do this:
valueAxis.MinValue = null;

I get a NullReferenceException.

Is there some way to do this that I’m not aware of?

Thanks,
Mike Gates

Hi Mike,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We have registered your requested feature in our internal issue tracking system with issue id: CELLSNET-15393. We will look into it and get back to you soon,

Thank You & Best Regards,

Ok, if it’s going to be a new feature, as a user, I would suggest either:

1. Use the same value for setting to “automatic”. For example, to set valueAxis.MinValue to automatic, I would use: valueAxis.MinValue = null;
  2. or, use a constant, something like: valueAxis.MinValue = AxisValues.MinValueAutomatic;
In the case of using the constant, that could actually be a value of null or a “Null Object Pattern” type object.

Thanks,
Mike

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p>

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the suggestions.

We will implement setting the Min/Max value of the Axis as null and process it as automatic.<?xml:namespace prefix = u1 /> Also, we will provide two new properties: Axis.IsAutomaticMinValue and Axis.IsAutomaticMaxValue.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Please try the attached version.

<span style=“font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Arial”,“sans-serif”;”>We
have fixed this issue. And we have added the the two properties attributes:<span style=“font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Calibri”,“sans-serif”; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);”> <span style=“font-family: “Calibri”,“sans-serif”; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);”>Axis.<span style=“font-family: “Calibri”,“sans-serif”;”>IsAutomaticMinValue and Axis.IsAutomaticMaxValue.

Thank you.

Thank you, that was quick!

I actually need all the axis properties to have this capability (any of the properties that can be set to automatic in excel like MinUnit, MaxUnit, CrossAt.). Can similar IsAutomatic properties also please be added for these?

Thanks,
Mike Gates

Hi,

Could you elaborate and give us which most important (for your requirement at the moment) properties you need to have the relative IsAutomatic attributes.

We can check it.

Thank you.

The ones I mentioned so far: MaxValue, MinValue, MaxUnit, MinUnit, CrossAt.

I just thought while you guys are in there copy/pasting those IsXAutomatic properties around you might as well get them all, but the above list is all I currently need.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us your desired properties list.

We will soon look into them.

Thank you.

Ok, thanks.

Hi,

Please try the attached version.

We have supported the following attributes now.

Axis.IsAutoMajorUnit;
Axis.IsAutomaticMaxValue;
Axis.IsAutomaticMinValue;
Axis.IsAutoMinorUnit;

And, please check whether the axis is automatically crossed at other with Axis.Crosses

Thank you.

It looks like the IsAuto properties were named a bit strange. You now have:
IsAutomaticMaxValue
IsAutomaticMinValue
IsAutoMajorUnit
IsAutoMinorUnit

Some start with “IsAuto” and some start with “IsAutomatic”. Was this intentional?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

Well, the intention is to minimize the API name’s length, but, if you feel it may create some confusion or irregularity/inconsistency we can surely analyze it further either we should go with one way or both ways :slight_smile:

We will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Well, it’s your guys’ call, but personally I would like to see “IsAutomatic” consistently. With intellisense, long names aren’t much of a big deal anymore and readability is more important.

Hi,

OK, we will change them as IsAutomaticMajorUnit and IsAutomaticMinorUnit.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 15393) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.