Set ConLineJumpStyle.Value

I’m trying to draw a flow-diagram and so far everything looks good. But when 2 lines cross I want one of them to jump over the other one with an arc. I’ve tried everything, but nothing works. Am I doing it wrong or is it a bug?

This is the code of the thing I have tried. I there are more lines in de diagram that cross eachother, bus this are only the properties I have tried.

Dim diagram As New Aspose.Diagram.Diagram(“D:\Test.vss”)

Dim line As New Aspose.Diagram.Shape

Dim styleSheet As New Aspose.Diagram.StyleSheet

With styleSheet

.Layout.ConLineJumpStyle.Value = Aspose.Diagram.ConLineJumpStyleValue.Arc

.Layout.ConLineJumpDirY.Value = Aspose.Diagram.ConLineJumpDirYValue.Left

.Layout.ConLineJumpDirX.Value = Aspose.Diagram.ConLineJumpDirXValue.Down

.Layout.ConLineRouteExt.Value = Aspose.Diagram.ConLineRouteExtValue.Curved

End With

line.LineStyle = styleSheet

line.Layout.ConLineJumpStyle.Value = Aspose.Diagram.ConLineJumpStyleValue.Arc

line.Layout.ConLineJumpDirY.Value = Aspose.Diagram.ConLineJumpDirYValue.Left

line.Layout.ConLineJumpDirX.Value = Aspose.Diagram.ConLineJumpDirXValue.Down

line.Layout.ConLineRouteExt.Value = Aspose.Diagram.ConLineRouteExtValue.Curved

Dim lineID As Long = diagram.AddShape(line, “Dynamic connector”, 0)

I attached all my code, but I could not upload the Test.vss-file

Hi Michel

Thank you for contacting support. Your source code looks fine. Please send us your source Visio drawing and complete code. It will help us to replicate the same problem on our side. You can prepare a ZIP archive of the files and attach to your reply post. Your response is awaited.

Thank you for the quick reaction.

I have attached the project so I hope you cane reproduce my findings.

I have experimented a bit more and I found more things that do not work. If you look in my code you can see where I have tryied to draw some arrows who are drawn incorrectly or not at all.

Arrow 4 and 5 are initialy drawn on top of eachother, so I have added some code to move them away from eachother. Is there a way to do this automatically?

And do not forget the initial question, how do the line-jumps work?

Hi Michel,

Thank you for sending a sample project application. We managed to replicate the said problems as below:

DIAGRAMNET-51220: Incorrect layout of the connectors on saving a drawing into the JPEG
DIAGRAMNET-51221: Page layout properties are not working on saving a drawing into the JPEG

Your post has also been linked to these tickets. We shall keep you informed regarding any available updates. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

That is great, but can you give an indication of when this is fixed? I also asked another question: Arrow 4 and 5 are initialy drawn on top of eachother, so I have added some code to move them away from eachother. Is there a way to do this automatically? I mean that the Diagram does not draw those two arrows on top of eachother?

Eventually I want to export the Diagram to PNG or PDF, so I hope dat you will fix these bugs for all the saving-formats?

Hi Michel,

Thank you for the inquiry. We have just identified these issues. Our product team requires time to investigate the root cause of the problems. It is difficult for us to give any timelines at this stage. However, we shall let you know once an update is available from them.

Regarding the arrows 4 and 5, both these arrows are connecting rectangle shape 4 from the left side, since the connection point is common. The straight line appearance option can stop drawing connectors on each other as shown in the attached screenshot to this reply. You can customize graphics of a connector shape as narrated in this help topic: Working with Geometry Section.

We have logged separate tickets to save drawings in the PDF format as:
DIAGRAMNET-51222: Incorrect layout of the connectors on saving a drawing into the PDF
DIAGRAMNET-51223: Page layout properties are not working on saving a drawing into the PDF

We shall let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.