Set DropDownList values

Dear all,

I have two cells with DropDownList validation. Both have currently it's values filled during page processing in the server.

I'm looking to implement a functionality to dinamically change the 2nd cell values when the user selects one value from the 1st cell, probably using some AJAX to retrieve values from server.

I cant track the 1st cell change with client side events, but then I don't know how to change the 2nd cell value list, the setCellValue works only for simple text values I suppose.

Is there a way to change the values list of a cell with DropDownList validation through Javascript?

Regards,

Nelson Ruivo

Hi Nelson,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Could you create a sample test project to show your requirement to show the issue, zip it and post it here. We will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Please find attached a small project where 2 cells with DropDownList validation are created.

The purpose is to update the A2 cell with values directly from javascript, in the current implementation only an alert window is shown in the place where the 2nd cell should be changed.

Regards,

Nelson Ruivo

Hi Nelson,

Thanks for the project with details,

We will check and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have written a sample project that shows how to capture the dropdownlist selected index changing event and post back to the server and recreate a new dropdownlist. Wish this helps.

Hi Henry,

Your solution works and I'll probably adopt it.

However it forces the user to reload the page, and I was expecting to be possible to change the values list of a cell with DropDown validation, through a function that could receive a 2 dimensions array for instance.

Thanks for your support,

Nelson Ruivo

Hi,

We will think over this feature and will enhance it at a future time.

Thank you.