Thanks for your quick response. I do not think this is a bug, but a feature.
Until recently we used version 184.108.40.206 of Aspose.Words, and generated the attached file Test (Version 220.127.116.11).pdf with it.
We upgraded to version 18.104.22.168, with file Test(Version 22.214.171.124).pdf as a result.
If I open this file in a text editor, I notice that:
- the pdf version is updated from 1.5 to 1.7
- in the trailer, the following code was added:
<</Type /XRef/W [1 4 2]/Size 15/Info 1 0 R/Root 2 0 R/ID /Length 105>>
, where ID changes everytime I create a new document. And exactly this feature makes my regression test not working, since I want to compare the new document with an expected document (with a set ID, that differs by default). I do this comparison with a string compare of base64 strings of both documents.
Now my question is whether it is possible to skip the generation/inclusion of the ID in the document, or (otherwise) override it by setting my own ID.pdf.zip (24.2 KB)