Set timezone in MapiCalendar and add it to PST file

I’m trying to create an appointment (MapiCalendar) and add it to a PST file. I would like to specify the start timezone and end timezone for the appointment.
MapiCalendar has the StartDateTimeZone and EndDateTimeZone properties of type MapiCalendarTimeZone.

Is there a way to create a MapiCalendarTimeZone object from a “standard” timezone? For instance, do something like:

TimeZoneInfo timeZoneInfo = TimeZoneInfo.FindSystemTimeZoneById(“Pacific Standard Time”);
MapiCalendarTimeZone timeZone = new MapiCalendarTimeZone(timeZoneInfo);
or
MapiCalendarTimeZone timeZone = new MapiCalendarTimeZone(“America/Los_Angeles”);

I tried to create a MapiCalendarTimeZone object and set all its properties manually (KeyName, TimeZoneRules, Bias, DaylightDate, etc…).
Then I set the StartDateTimeZone and EndDateTimeZone in my appointment, and added it to my PST file (see attached).

But when I open my PST file in Outlook, the time zones are not set.
And when I read my PST using Aspose.Email, the time zones are set to null.

What’s the proper way of setting timezones on a MapiCalendar object?

Hi Gabriela,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

I have tested the sample code using Aspose.Email for .NET 5.5.0 and observed that timezone information is null when retrieved from PST. This issue is logged under id: EMAILNET-34866 in our bug tracking system for further analysis by the product team. I shall write here as soon as some feedback is received in this regard.

Hi,

Do you have any updates on this issue?
Can I expect the bug to be fixed with the next release?

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,

The issue has been fixed and will be part of the incoming version of Aspose.Email for .NET 5.6.0. We will notify you here once the fix version is available for download.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-34866) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-34968) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.