Set Title of the First Slide

Hello,

I build a presentation from several ppt files and a pot Template file. To do this, I use this code :

Presentation outputPres = new Presentation("myTemplate.pot");

Then I do a loop to add each wanted slide from each presentation

sourcePres.CloneSlide(sourcePres.GetSlideByPosition(slideId), outputPres.Slides.LastSlidePosition + 1, outputPres, temp);

Then I save this new Presentation to a PPT File.Until now all is OK.

But now I want to edit the "title text" of my "title slide" (the first slide)...Have I to edit the Master Template ? Slide ? Can you explain me how to do this ? (Find the title text and edit it)

Thanks a lot !

You can change title text before saving a presentation or open saved presentation again and change title after that.

Title of a slide is a text of title placeholder.
How to change text you can find in the Developer Guide.
For example in the Change Text in a Placeholder article.
Also our demos have several code examples for that.

Thanks for your speedy answer Smile [:)]

Of course...the asked code take place before save code.

I have already read the Replacing Text article...but there is no TextHolder in my PlaceHolders (I catch a Cast Exception each iteration of my loop).Sad [:(]

Does the Title Place defined by the .POT Template accessible by a classic PlaceHolder in the Title Slide ?

Thanks a lot for your answer

EDIT : I found 2 PlaceHolders, with following types : CenteredTitle2 and SubTitle...But How can i edit them if I can't cast them to TextHolder ?

If slide doesn’t have TextHolder you can’t change title text but you can add rectangle
with text in any position of a slide. Please check this chapter.
After that you can add TextFrame to this rectangle and insert some text.