SetLicense Problem with Open JDK 11

Hello,

I have a problem while setting the license in the aspose libraries “aspose-email-18.5.jdk16.jar” and “aspose-barcode-18.6-jdk1.7.jar” with Open JDK 11. The following aspose methods cause a fatal error and my java application does not start:

com.aspose.email.License licm = new com.aspose.email.License();
licm.setLicense(tempFileName);

com.aspose.barcode.License licb = new com.aspose.barcode.License();
licb.setLicense(tempFileName);

The error is:

Exception in thread “Thread-3” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/reflect/Reflection
at com.aspose.email.License.setLicense(SourceFile:331)
at de.elo.mover.eloasdbg.javafx.EloAsMainFrame.connect(EloAsMainFrame.java:1658)
at de.elo.mover.eloasdbg.javafx.EloAsMainFrame.run(EloAsMainFrame.java:1452)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.reflect.Reflection
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:582)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
… 4 more

Setting the license of the others aspose libraries work well! Can you tell me a solution for this problem? Thanks!

Best regards

@Anwender

We tried to reproduce the issue but it is working fine with us. Can you please share your license file with us. You may share license file as a personal message to me, the message button shall appear by clicking on my name.

Hi Muzammil,

I use the following Open JDK:

https://jdk.java.net/11/

I will send you our aspose license too.

Best regards

Hello again,

there is no send button visible after clicking on your name. How can I send you a private message?

I think the problem is, that the aspose email and barcode libraries use internally SUN-classes, which are not available in the Open JDK 11.

Best regards

@Anwender

This issue has been resolved for Aspose.Email for Java and shall be a part of our next release i.e. Aspose.Email for Java 18.10.

However, we have logged this issue under ID “BARCODEJAVA-598” for further investigation using Aspose.BarCode. You will automatically be informed here once we have more information to share.

Hi,

the setting license problem with Open JDK 11 is solved in the library “aspose-email-18.10-jdk16.jar”. The problem persists in the aspose barcode library. We need soon one solution for the barcode library. Thanks in advance!

Best regards

@Anwender

This issue has also been resolved for Aspose.BarCode and it will be available with our upcoming release version 18.11.
Moreover, the next release shall probably be available in next week.