SetLicense(String) remarks

In the remarks for SetLicense(String) it says:

Tries to find the license in the following locations: 1. Explicit path. 2. The folder of the component assembly. 3. The folder of the client's calling assembly. 4. The folder of the entry assembly. 5. An embedded resource in the client's calling assembly. Note:On the .NET Compact Framework, tries to find the license only in these locations: 1. Explicit path. 2. An embedded resource in the client's calling assembly.

I understand what 1 means, but it's not practical for my situation because I set the license from code in many different sub-folders. I tried just putting the name of the file for the parameter, and placing the licence in the sub-folder from which it's being called, but the method couldn't find it. So, please explain what 2, 3, and 4 are by showing examples of where the file would be placed and how it would be called.

Thanks,

David

p.s. I again tried using the root operator (~) on this, but it doesn't work in this method either.

Hi David,

Please check the following documentation topic for your reference:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/licensing.html

As a note, I think the more suitable way is to set the license file as an embedded resource for your .NET project.

Thank you.